It is the philosophy of Civista Medical Center that “family”, as defined by the patient, is an important component of the patient’s psychosocial support system. We believe that in many cases, the presence of family can help the patient to heal. It is also important for each patient to have a trusted family member or friend to serve as an advocate. For more information on the role of both the advocate and a visitor, view the Visitor Information Link. If you plan to be a visitor at Civista Medical Center we ask, for the comfort and safety of all our patients, your cooperation with the following visitor guidelines:
• General Visiting Hours are 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• Main Entrance hours are 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• The Emergency Department entrance is open 24 hours a day
• Children under the age of 16 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
• Smoking by anyone anywhere in the Medical Center building or on the grounds is prohibited by law.
• Sore throat
• Any other flu-like symptoms
Maternity Visiting Hours
On our Mother/Baby Unit, the designated support person (wearing the matching identification band) may stay overnight with mom and baby. Other visitors are welcome as long as they are in good health and over the age of 13. The only children under the age of 13 that may be admitted to the unit are siblings of the baby.
Please note that visiting hour guidelines may be altered during flu season and at the discretion of the Nurse Manager.
Intensive Care Unit
• Main Lobby
• Same Day Surgery (for the family of surgical patients)
• Birthing Center (for the family of obstetric patients)
• Intensive Care Unit (for the immediate family of ICU patients)
• 2 South
• 3 South
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times in the waiting rooms.