Between hosting and attending gatherings with family and friends, putting up decorations, gift buying, and all the traffic and crowds, it’s hard not to feel at least a little stressed during the holidays.
Here are five easy tips for helping you manage stress this holiday season:
1. Take a hike. Nothing relieves stress like walking away from it, and somehow things do look better when you get back.
2. Take a breather. Literally. Taking time out to breathe deeply several times a day will slow you down and clear your head.
3. Take time to help someone else. Nothing makes you appreciate what you have like giving to those in need. There are plenty of charitable organizations that need help this time of year. Help yourself by helping others.
4. Take time to share good news. Lorette LaRoche, humorist and author of “Relax, You Only Live Once” tells us, “Find someone doing something right and tell them.” Your words can make their day.
5. Take a look at the bright side. Remember, a sense of humor can put even the most stressful situations into perspective. Susan Vass, author of “Laughing Your Way to Good Health” advises, “Take frequent laugh breaks throughout the day. Learn to laugh at yourself.”
From all the doctors, nurses, administrators, and staff at Civista, we wish you the very happiest of holidays.